. Nineveh Makeup Ministries: Blog Award Received by Nineveh MakeUp Ministries

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blog Award Received by Nineveh MakeUp Ministries

I started Nineveh MakeUp Ministries out of my passion for both MakeUp and Writing. I wanted to combine these to create something that would allow me to indulge in my hobbies but also to create a space on the web where people who are interested in cosmetics - consumers, companies, makeup artists, and aspiring makeup artists, could all gather to learn from each other.  One of the pre-requisites for being featured at Nineveh MakeUp Ministries is that the Celebrity (or Celebrated!) Makeup Artist or company must be doing something to give back - to make our world a beautiful place. This usually takes the form of volunteering time, skills, and/or proceeds to a charity, good cause, or individual in need. 


Me with Celebrity Makeup Artist Kandee Johnson

I wondered at first if I would be able to get the interviews that I hoped to feature here on the blog. The response from Celebrity MakeUp Artists has actually exceeded my expectations, and so far, I've been able to bring you features on amazing artists such as Debra Macki, Ramy Gafni, Mario Dedivanovic, Leora Edut, and Pamela Barrios, and others are lined up to be featured as I type this to you.

Nineveh Makeup Ministries is already beginning to serve it's purpose, and this makes me smile. :)

Yesterday, I received a message from Southern California Makeup Artist and beauty blogger Crystal Strayer. Crystal awarded me/Nineveh Makeup Ministries with the

"Stylish Blogger Award" with the following criteria:



To accept this award, one must:
- Thank and link back to the person whom awarded you.
- Share 7 Things About Yourself.
- Award 10-15 recently discovered great bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them they've been awarded!

Crystal, I am happy to participate, and thank you for noticing and acknowledging this blog!

7 Things About Me
1.) I once got in trouble in grade school for going to school with too much makeup on (Grade 4).
2.) I am first generation American on my father's side. He and his parents immigrated from Italy.
3.) I knew I would move to California ever since I was a little girl. When I turned 18, I packed it up from New England and made the trek over here. By myself.
4.) In highschool, I was a Human Biology buff and considered a career in medicine.
5.) My love for makeup and writing has allowed me to connect with so many people from different backgrounds and walks of life.
6.) I love to cook foods from many cultures.
7.) I'm a Pisces. :)

Here are some blogs that I enjoy:

Crystal Strayer MakeUpByCrystalS
Ashley aka Lisa Freemont LisaFreemontStreet
Marlena MakeUpGeek
Camille Megan Talkin' MakeUp
Kandee Johnson KandeeJ
1.___________
2.___________
3.___________

Expand your audience! Tell me about your beauty blog, and I will pick 3 to feature in this article!
Thank you again, Crystal.

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome, sweet Debi. I am so proud of you and am so happy to see Nineveh MakeUp Ministries bloom into a beautiful place of love, inspiration, and gratitude♥.

    So much love and light,
    CrystalS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! You have a Beautiful Spirit and a Beautiful Heart your work reflects that! You are a Great Person and I am blessed to have crossed paths with you! Thank you for being an Amazing Friend like an Angel!

    Love you
    xooxo
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Beautiful Message Here: